Childrens Ministry Protocols
Sunday Morning Classes Re-Opening
CLASSES WHICH WILL BE RE-OPENING:
Pre-K, Kindergarten, Grade 1 (beginning with age 4)
Grades 2 - 4
Grades 5 - 7
Grades 8 - 12
We are so excited you are planning to have your child join our Sunday Morning Bible Class Time. In order to do our best to ensure the health of all students, teachers and volunteers, we have added a pre-registration and check-in procedure. Due to limited classroom capacities, pre-registration is mandatory. Children must be at least 4 years old to register in the Pre-K, Kindergarten, Grade 1 Class.
- Pre-Registration of your child is required EACH WEEK and will be available the week prior to class (1:00 P.M. Sunday through 8:00 P.M. the Wednesday prior to the next Sunday class
- You will find a link to this Reopening Pre-registration web address on the home page of the church website.
- All information that is requested on the Pre-registration form is required and must be complete to register your child!
- If your child’s classroom has reached the maximum number of students before you pre-register, a member of our Children’s Ministry Team will contact you. All children will be required to attend their “age appropriate” class so that children of the correct age are not "closed out" of a class by a child that really ought to be in another classroom.
- Check-in will begin at 9:30 A.M. each Sunday and will close promptly at 9:45 A.M. Teachers have a limited time for their activities and Bible lessons and it is very difficult to have interruptions for late children that require the teacher to either re-start their lesson or your child to miss the very important beginning of their lesson. Please be courteous and be on time!
- All children will be required to wear face coverings in the building (face coverings will be available if needed)!
- A check-in station for age 4 through grade 7 will be located at the corner of the hallway between the Friendship Center and the back of the Worship Center (just past the restrooms after entering the main LCC front entrance and turning right toward the restrooms). Students in grades 8-12 will check-in upon entering the teen center and will follow all the same protocols listed herein - including pre-registration.
- You will need to make sure that your child has been to the restroom prior to check-in. Then go to check-in and remain with your child until they have been checked in by a volunteer.
- Children’s temperatures will be taken at check-in. If a child is running a fever of 100 degrees or above, we will ask that the family enjoy church online from home.
- Volunteers will also be asking about symptoms your child may be experiencing as well as if they have been in contact with a positive case. If your child has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms and/or has been in contact with a positive case, we will ask that the family enjoy church online from home.
- Once your child is checked-in, a volunteer will take them to their classroom. Adults are not permitted in classroom hallways or classrooms! Hallways will be designated and clearly marked “DO NOT ENTER.”
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be set up in each classroom. Children will use hand sanitizer upon entering the classroom and when exiting. Teachers and volunteers will assist students in this task.
- Please plan to keep all children’s personal belongings with you (i.e. sippy cups, toys, snacks, diaper/book bags, coats, etc). These items cannot be kept inside the classroom.
- Teachers and volunteers will be wearing face coverings at all times.
- Personal items used by children in their classrooms (crayons, pencils, markers, erasers, scissors, etc.) will be stored in an individual plastic bag marked with that student’s name. Students will re-use only their own personal items from week to week.
- Parents will go to the check-in station to pick up their child after class. A volunteer will go to the classroom to bring the child to the parent at the check-in station. Please promptly pick up your child by no later than 10:25 AM.
All of the above protocols and procedures have been put in place using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the State of Ohio guidelines.
Letter to Families
March 8, 2021
Dear Louisville Family,
2020 was an eye-opening year for many. For those who belong to JESUS we have seen afresh our constant need for HIM, for HIS gift of salvation, and for a Holy hope that is born in HIM. Our gatherings went only virtual for almost four months. But, with much prayer, the doors were opened again, and we held both virtual and in-person gatherings. Then in September of last year we began an adult Bible class, held in the Outreach Center, studying the book of Hebrews. A couple other classes were being already accomplished online as well. As we continue to open back up, we have been “chomping at the bit” to begin classes for our children as soon and as safely as possible.
Dale Hudson, a well-known Christian author, speaker, and ministry leader who has been serving in children's ministry for over 30 years, once said, “Children are like wet cement. But remember, we only have a short window of time until the wet cement turns to concrete. We must impress GOD’S Word, wisdom and ways into their lives while we have the opportunity.”
Our Children’s Ministry team has been praying and planning for the day to reopen our children's classes. To begin it will be a partial reopening beginning with only those children that are 4 years old all the way through high school. The Shepherds are in full agreement and have given our Children’s Ministry their blessings. To say that we are very delighted and excited about this is an understatement!
The partial reopening of our Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry Bible classes will begin on Sunday, April 11th (the first Sunday after Easter). We have taken great care to keep the health and safety of your children, their class teachers and all of our volunteers at the forefront during our planning for this partial reopening. We emphasize that this is only a partial opening due to the fact that our Children’s Ministry Education Committee guided by direction from our LCC Shepherds has determined that, at this time, it is just not possible to responsibly re-open the nursery or toddler classrooms and maintain a healthy and safe environment for your children or our staff.
Classes from age 4 through high school will be reopening with the enclosed protocols that have been put in place using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the State of Ohio Guidelines. We have also extensively evaluated our own building’s physical arrangement and constraints. The complete Protocols and Guidelines are included separately with this mailing. Students in grades 8-12 will check-in upon entering the teen center and will follow all the same protocols - including pre-registration.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please Send Us an Email!
It is with great anticipation and excitement that your Shepherds, pastors, teachers, volunteers and Children’s Ministry team eagerly look forward to the reopening of our Children’s Ministry Bible Classes! May God be Magnified and Glorified and may our LCC children learn of His ETERNAL LOVE for them!
“Everyone talks about leaving a better planet for our children. Let’s leave better children for our planet.”
GOD’S blessings to all of you,
Brian Grubbs - Minister